Saturday, June 14, 2008

We mde it to Grande Prairie

So, the plan was to leave early....yeah. We finally left RD at 11:30 after getting our money exchanged at, I am sure the busiest bank in town. The ride started off really great, nice, sunny, not too much traffic. I was pretty excited to be on our way and things were looking good as we travelled up HWY 20 north of Sylvan. Brian had the GPS and took us on some weird route through Tomahawk(?) nice road but I had no idea where we were. It got a little cloudy and cool around there all the way to edson. We stopped on the side of the road about 15 mins outside of edson for a quick bite to eat of beef jerky and babybell cheese when group of harley riders buzzed us. We chatted with them at the Edson Tim Hortons andthey turned out to be from RD and I knew one of them from my Utopia days. I am trying to forget RD for 3 weeks and it just wont let me!! Well when we left Tims and turned right onto the hwy I knew we were in trouble because the HUGE black cloud ahead of us didnt look friendly. It nailed us to mins down the road and we were riding in a torrential down pour with hail and lightening! i was laughing in my helmet at how this was supposed to be a fun trip. oh well it was pretty exciting. We managed to avoid another rainstorm at the hinton gas station only lasted about 10 mins. Hwy 40 north to Grande Cache was a fantastic road. Really fun to ride on and not alot of traffic. We saw a carbou on the side of the road as well as a couple of really nice looking elk. And one dead cat. Why are there always at least on dead cat on the road?! I think I would like to go back on that road again and do some camping. there were actually REAL campsites there that didnt look like they had all the hookups and stuff people seem to need these days to go camping. I should really talk I guess, we stayed at the holiday inn last night!! We will be camping for sure tonight. I realized that I forgot the hookup for my camera to my computer so it may take a few days for some pix to arrive. Brian forgot his running shoes and kit bag but he had to bring this huge towel even after I had bought some of those reallysmall compact ones. He didnt think he would like the compact model so he brought a huge one. Good grief. Well the man is loading up the bikes and paying the tab so I better get a move on. We are still having fun!!

No comments: